Wednesday, August 22, 2007

30.07.2007 Pulau Perhentian Kecil

After getting to Kuala Besut where I was dropped off at the travel agency, I bought the ferry ticket to Perhentian Kecil the smaller and more beautiful one of the two sister islands. (The bus ride-2.5hours) was quite pleasant since the bus didn’t have an ac and the fresh air was coming from the continuously open door while driving (this is quite common in Malaysia to leave the doors open wile driving, even if the bus is so packed that you’re stuck right in front of the open door and have to be afraid of falling out of the driving bus- the drives tend to drive really fast as well)
Anyways, on the ferry to the island I met a nice American coupe, David and Annelise, who I shared the lizard hut with on the island (but more ‘bout this later)
The ferry ride was quite nice since it was a speedboat and we were going really fast. But when we got on land with the water taxi I had o make the bad discovery that my backpack was missing s that I had to pay the taxi to get back to the ferry in hope that my backpack with all my clothes would still be on the ferry, but to my shock- I wasn’t. I was really upset about this, especially since the guy from the ferry didn’t care at all.
I didn’t have another choice other than hunting down my backpack on the bigger island, asking around at the different resorts. After asking in two different resorts I finally found it and was just glad that the annoying search was over. (Always having in mind that the later I would arrive on the island the harder it would be to find a cheap or an accommodation at all). All this boat ride in the taxi cost me 20 Ringit, which is about 5 Euros (which is even for Malaysia quite expensive) but still better than having lost my backpack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home